Hello! I am a graduate student at the Machine Learning Department, Carnegie Mellon University.
I am interested in foundations of machine learning, applied probability, optimization, and data privacy.
- 2021 – today: MS in Machine Learning at Carnegie Mellon University, USA.
- 2020: research intern at Vector Institute, Canada
- 2017 – 2021: BEng in Computer Science and Technology at Tsinghua University, China
- Convergence Rates of Stochastic Gradient Descent under Infinite Noise Variance
- Authors: Hongjian Wang, Mert Gürbüzbalaban, Lingjiong Zhu, Umut Şimşekli, Murat A. Erdogdu
- NeurIPS 2021 [Poster]
hongjian.wang [at] aol.com; hjnwang [at] cmu.edu
I currently live in Bloomfield, a neighborhood in Pittsburgh, PA.
Steer between both: nor to the northern skies,
Nor south Orion turn your giddy eyes.Ovid, Metamorphoses 8.206-207